Friday, February 4, 2011

Randomness part duece

As one of the biggest accumulation of sporting events sneaks up on us, I am struck by items that tend to get us in front of the boob tube (haha I said boob)

People get paid thousands to create advertisements.  One that drives me crazy is the Nivea Cellulite Reducer (something like that) where it shows a 17 to 20 year old negative size 2 rubbing the lotion on her FLAT stomach and her pencil thin thighs. Am I actually to believe that she uses that?? Or is it for me to think that if I use it, I will look like her? So, just in case, I bought 12 cases...

TV...

I throw the BS flag on the Clean My house show. COME ON REALLY? I know that there are people out there who live in pigsties etc. but WHY on earth would you go on national television to show that you do not live like most people. And seriously, why would you pile up crap upon crap in your front room? At least hide the shit in other rooms that may not ever been seen by the Schwan's man when he comes to your door- it works for me.
It looks like the producers said- go to someone's house, grab as much as you can- get everything you have and put it in ONLY three rooms. We'll film that and make people think you live like this. And if they truly do live like that, what good is it that they only clean and redo 3 rooms. Can you imagine the bathrooms?? Even the flies wouldn't go near that.

One word: WIPEOUT. I'm trying to decide if I want to go on that show. So I am testing out my skills by letting Drew punch me in the face while I am running through the "obstacle course" set up of couch pillows on the floor- and if I step off, I'm in the water- scaling over the couch, and jumping on 4 of Drew's 4 square balls (like the big balls section on the course) in preparation of the game all while Dana ripping explosive farts to keep me focused on the job at hand.

Do you ever wonder about the person who pitched the concept of a show on people going into a dark room and then "getting to know each other" by sticking their tongues down each others throat which then they are finally "revealed" on what they look like.  Did a few college kids pitch that one to some old, horny swinging producers?  It had to of sounded like this:
"Hey, dude.  Lets go see if some old fart that is horny and likes to swing would pay us for our idea of making out in a dark room with strangers.  Yeah, I know we do that almost every night, but why not put it on tv.  And then we can laugh when we don't pick the girls we just sucked face with- since all we wanted to do was make out with chicks!" I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ex-boyfriend of mine who came up with that show....

And back to WIPEOUT- I bet you that a 12 year old kid pitched that idea to his big wig dad at the station.  And it all started with the word "balls" and the fact that people get hurt and you laugh your butt off while watching. I'm mean come on, what young boy doesn't bet his friends he won't cry when they kick him in the balls?  And then as he is crying, his friends are laughing hysterically. 

So as I enjoy my weekend and look forward to the commercials and the Packers winning- I wish all of you a great weekend too.  Pay attention to the commercials and please leave your comments on which ones you thought were Studs and which were duds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment